Covid 19 cover
All our travel policies include COVID-19 cover as standard, which means you can make claims related to COVID-19.
You can also add the optional Enhanced COVID-19 Protect for extra protection when you travel in Europe.
Our standard policies cover you if:
- You have to cancel because you’ve contracted COVID-19 within 14 days of departure and can’t travel.
- You test positive whilst on holiday you’ll be covered for emergency medical treatment and repatriation if necessary.
- You come home early because a close relative or member of your household has died of COVID-19 or requires hospitalisation for treatment with mechanical ventilation
However, you won’t be covered under our standard policies if you travel against Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice. Make sure you check the latest FCDO travel advice before you go.
Add Enhanced COVID-19 Protect for £21 for Annual cover/£16 for Single Trip:
- Insurance for you and your travels in Europe against additional COVID-19 related issues (see below for more details).
- You’ll still be covered if you travel to a destination against FCDO advice (that is, when the FCDO advises against “all but essential travel” solely due to COVID-19).
See below for more information on what’s covered and other FAQs.
Need help? Call our team on 0330 041 8139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GET A QUOTE
Enhanced COVID-19 Protect cover is an optional add-on to your policy, which gives you a higher level of cover for travel in Europe.
- You’ll be protected if you travel against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), as long as the advice is against “all but essential travel” solely as a result of COVID-19.
- If you’re told to self-isolate by the UK Government’s Test and Trace service and can’t travel on a journey you’ve already booked, you’ll be able to claim for cancellation.
Standard Cover: You won’t be covered if you travel somewhere the FCDO has advised against, whether that’s for all travel or for non-essential travel. This means that if you make a claim for any issue, it will be declined – whether it’s a COVID-19 related claim or something else.
Enhanced COVID-19 Protect: The add-on will cover you for European destinations where the FCDO advises against “all but essential travel” solely due to COVID-19.
Enhanced COVID-19 Protect is valid for a number of European countries. Unfortunately, we can’t offer it for travel to the rest of the world.
Here’s a list of the destinations where it’s valid, whether you’re travelling with a Single Trip or Annual Multi Trip policy:Albania • Andorra • Armenia • Austria • Azerbaijan • The Azores • Belarus • Belgium • Bosnia Herzegovina • Bulgaria • The Channel Islands • Croatia • Cyprus • The Czech Republic • Denmark • Egypt • Estonia • The Faroe Islands • Finland (including Lapland) • France, Germany • Gibraltar • Greece (including the Greek Islands) • Hungary • Iceland • Ireland (Republic) • Isle of Man • Israel • Italy • Kosovo • Latvia • Liechtenstein • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Madeira • Malta • Moldova • Monaco • Montenegro • Morocco • The Netherlands • North Macedonia • Norway • Poland • Portugal • Romania • The Russian Federation • San Marino • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • Spain (including the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands) • Sweden • Switzerland • Tunisia • Turkey • Ukraine • United Kingdom • Vatican City
Not with our standard cover, but you will be if you chose to add Enhanced COVID-19 Protect. It will cover you for cancellation if your self-isolation period means that you can’t travel as planned.
Our Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on provides the cover you need if this is a concern. If you have a bad reaction in the 14 days before you’re due to go and a medical practitioner tells you that you’re not fit to travel, then you can claim for cancellation.
This isn’t covered by our standard policy.
You’ll be covered by the Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on if:
• You or your travelling companion can’t complete your course of vaccinations due to an unforeseen illness; and
• You took out this cover at the same time as you bought your standard policy.
This isn’t covered by the standard policy.
Yes, this is covered by the standard policy. You can claim for cancellation if:
• You, a relative, a member of your household, your travelling companion or a friend you’d arranged to stay with has a positive diagnosis of COVID-19;
• The diagnosis has been certified by a medical practitioner; and
• The diagnosis was made within 14 days of your pre-booked departure.
This is included in our standard policy. If you test positive whilst on holiday you’ll be covered for emergency medical treatment and repatriation if necessary. You’ll also be covered for additional travel and accommodation (room only) if you need to extend your stay until you’re fit to return to the UK.
Yes, you’ll be covered for emergency medical treatment and repatriation if you contract COVID-19 while abroad. This is included as part of our standard cover.
Your policy may cover you for permitted business travel. Email us at email@example.com to check that it’s valid.
• Check government advice on permitted travel – this is constantly being reviewed and may also be different depending on where you live.
• A business trip is a journey that’s specifically taken for work purposes. This doesn’t include daily commutes, leisure trips or holidays.
Possibly. If the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) gives ‘advice against all but essential travel’ to your destination:
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if your policy will cover you.
• If you travel without contacting us about it, your policy won’t cover you for any issue at all.
If you’ve bought our Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on:
• You’ll be covered if the FCDO has advised against “all but essential travel" solely as a result of COVID-19.
• But you won’t be able to make any claim if the FCDO advice relates to anything other than COVID-19.
No, you’re not covered under either your insurance policy or the Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on, if you have to cancel your trip because of national lockdowns or tier restrictions.If you’re due to travel during the period of lockdown, you’ll need to seek a refund from the airline, tour operator, travel agency or carrier you booked with.
If you’ve been offered a recommended vaccination and you’ve chosen not to have it, you will not be covered by either our standard policy or the Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on. This may mean you can’t make a claim.
There may be exceptions if your medical records show that you were medically unable to have the vaccination.